These guidelines are designed to provide a safe and productive meeting for everyone.
Please honor these guidelines throughout the meeting.
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Limit your sharing to three to five minutes.
- There will be NO cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in conversation, excluding all others. Each person is free to express his or her feelings without interruptions.
- We are here to support one another, not “fix” one another. This keeps us focused on our own issues.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group. This includes use of graphic descriptions.